The frittata is a classic breakfast dish that is ideal for serving at all types of breakfasts and brunches, including every day, holiday, and special occasion meals. Frittatas are a terrific alternative to preparing individual omelets on the stovetop when feeding a large group.
Oven Baked frittata resembles a crustless quiche or baked egg dish with a mountain of nutritious veggies encased in a creamy, delicious custard. The frittata is baked till golden and satisfyingly puffed, filling the house with goodness.
Let’s jump right into the Oven Baked Frittata Recipes.
Oven Baked Frittata Recipes
It is made with an abundance of eggs, bacon, tomatoes with brilliant, flavorful flesh, fresh spinach, and Swiss cheese. You can modify any of the variations or combine your favorite add-ins to create your own customized versions. Make it vegetarian by using your favorite vegetables and mushrooms, or add bacon if you like meat!
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 10 Mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Total: 50 mins
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup finely diced bacon
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 ounces of fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 package of baby spinach
- 2 cups diced red, orange bell peppers
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing dish, combine eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and 12 teaspoon pepper. Place aside.
- Start by placing the bacon in a cast-iron or oven-safe nonstick skillet that measures 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring periodically until browned.
- Toss in the onion, peppers, and a half teaspoon of salt and pepper and simmer, frequently turning, for 6 to 7 minutes or until the onion is transparent. To wilt the spinach, add a handful at a time and stir after each addition.
- Reduce heat to low and add the egg mixture to the pan. Stir thoroughly to spread the vegetables evenly, then smooth the surface. Drop small goat cheese nuggets equally across the surface. Place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set, and the top is golden. It’s important that the eggs don’t move around in the pan when you shake them. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes on a rack.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes, or until the eggs are set, and the top is golden. They shouldn’t move about in the pan when you shake them. Let them cool for about 10 minutes on a rack.
- To serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
How to Store Leftover Oven Baked Frittata:
If preparing in advance, prepare and refrigerate the frittata before bringing it to room temperature one hour before baking.
Additionally, frittata can be pre-baked and reheated well. You can enjoy it as long as it lasts because it can be stored for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Tips For Oven Baked Frittata:
- Season lightly with salt, as the bacon and cheese will add salt.
- If you’re using a 12-inch skillet, double the recipe and increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
- For a richer, silkier texture, like in a quiche, use cream instead of milk.
- However, if you choose a pan that is too large, your frittata will be too thin.
What to Serve With Oven Baked Frittata Recipes?
This was all about an oven baked frittata recipe. The frittata is a classic breakfast dish that is ideal for serving at all types of breakfasts and brunches, including every day, holiday, and special occasion meals. This recipe is for a standard cheese frittata. You can modify your preferred add-ins in order to make your own customized versions.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!