Pico de gallo cooked with fresh, seasonal ingredients is a hit with everyone. There is nothing more classic than Pico de Gallo, a classic Mexican tomato dip that offers a fresh, healthful, low-calorie flavor boost to almost any Mexican dish. Pico de Gallo is a fresh tomato, onion, cilantro, and lime juice-based salsa.
With this top-rated recipe, you can prepare restaurant-quality pico de gallo in the comfort of your own home. You’ll learn the traditional recipe used throughout Mexico. Fresh plum tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, serrano pepper, and salt. Nothing else.
Let’s jump right into the Pico De Gallo Recipe.
Pico De Gallo Recipe
This pico de gallo recipe is among the simplest. Simply dice the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno and combine them with minced garlic, lime juice and zest, and salt. After combining all ingredients, season to taste and serve!
Let’s know the whole process so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 00 mins
- Total: 15 mins
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño or serrano pepper, finely chopped after seeds removed
- 1 ½ pounds ripe red tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- Combine the chopped onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt in a medium serving bowl. Allow it to marinade for 5 minutes while you prepare the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cilantro until well combined. If the flavors don’t quite sing, season with additional salt.
- Allow the mixture to marinade for 15 minutes or several hours in the refrigerator for the greatest flavor.
- Use a slotted spoon or a large serving fork to transfer the pico to your serving dish, rather than a regular spoon, so that you don’t end up bringing any of the watery tomato juice along with it.
How to Store Leftover Pico De Gallo:
Because homemade pico de gallo is at its finest when served fresh, you should make sure to consume it on the same day that you prepare it. If you need to keep it for a little bit longer, you may keep it in the refrigerator for up to three days in an airtight container if you store it there.
Tips For Pico De Gallo:
- You can greatly reduce the amount of cilantro or, if you insist, omit it altogether!
- If desired, add diced avocado to the mixture.
- One lime juice improves the flavor of the pico de gallo. If you use too much lime, the flavor of the other ingredients will be overpowered.
- When creating pico de gallo, use the Mexican lime, commonly known as the Key lime.
What to Serve With Pico De Gallo Recipe?
There are many various uses for pico de gallo, including the following: Serve it with tortilla chips, use it as a topping for tacos, include it as an ingredient in quesadillas or burritos, or incorporate it into scrambled eggs or Spanish rice. All of these options are delicious!
We hope you like the Pico De Gallo Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!